I know you all make resolutions. I like to think more lofty so I make aspirations. I did see some great progress in the last quarter of 2007 on some of my yearly aspirations so am heading forward.
My aspirations for 2008 are:
- Be proactive in finding new friends and possibly a more than friend interest. I just am not sure that romantic interest is the right word but maybe it is. I have a profile on an online dating site. I need to visit more often. I also need to find places to meet more people locally.
- Submit art and get published. I am also, as a way to get published, going to look ahead to the themes major art magazines will have in 2008 so that I may have a creation on hand to submit. I have found several online groups and a couple of local stores that will make this a much more achievable aspiration. There is support for this for myself and others.
- Discuss and read Simple Abundance faithfully this year. Simple Abundance has been a part of my life for many years. I love the format and the readings. I am going partake in this reading again this year. As I move my blog to a new location – or even here , I will post information about these readings on certain days.
- Participate in the Triple 8 Reading Challenge. I do have a post that is the start of this particular challenge. It is a listing of the books that I am going to read – eight books in eight different categories.
- Fitness 1 – Movement of 1000 miles throughout the year. This will be a combination of running and walking. Some will be done inside – a nature of the beast of the northeast and the inability to always be outside; most will be done outside.
- Fitness 2 – I will purchase a new pedometer and wear my pedometer faithfully.
- Fitness 3 – I will find an additional – strength – fitness outlet. I love Pilates and they do not take a lot of time so I can utilize this as one strength training outlet. I will possibly utilize weights while I run and walk. I am not totally sure on this yet.
- Budget 1 – I will pay down my debt. My debt is considerably smaller than it use to be last year so I will continue to work on eliminating as much of it as I can. In addition to paying down already incurred indebtedness, I will avoid additional indebtedness.
- Budget 2 – I will put at least 10% of my earnings to savings. This is always hard for me as I manage to spend that savings when needed. I do need to be much better with this area of my life.
- I will utilize menu planning so as to maximize the money spent on food and the variety in our diets. To help myself utilize this better, I will post my weekly and monthly menus. During the school year, I usually only do dinner menus as that is when we are home. I do lunch menus, also, in the summer and break times. I never do a breakfast menu but always have tons of breakfast foods on hand.
- I will partake in CSA again this year. I am setting aside the monies for my CSA share starting this week.