Another post that is going to have a bit of this and that in it, I think.
November is gone and it was a tough month for goals being reached.
- Ran race 13 (Richmond Marathon) and race 14 (Pete Keyes 5 Miler Turkey Trot) this month so have reached my goal of 13 in 2013.
- My overall running miles are 1104 year-to-date. Goal is 1500 miles. My overall miles, including walking & biking & swimming, are at 1208. Goal is 2013.
- I did not win at NaNoWriMo but I have over 20,000 words of a novel started.
- I read. I read a lot. I am more than half way done with 40 Chances by Howard G Buffett. On top of that, I read six books in November and finished a 7th on December 1. I will reach my goal of reading 24 books this year.
Christmas is coming and I need to get going on the gift purchasing.
- I did not go shopping at all on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. I haven’t in several years.
- I did go to breakfast at a local restaurant on Small Business Saturday but still no shopping.
- I have to ship to my mom & stepdad, my sister, my son & daughter-in-law, and my daughter & daughter-in-law.
- I am making cards in the next few days.
Thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch.
- We had turkey, even though I don’t eat meat. My sister raved about it but I did nothing special.
- We had a great squash quinoa and vegetable casserole.
- We also had both sweet and mashed potatoes.
- We had plenty of wine and beer.
- We had brussel sprouts.
- I need – not really – a bigger table.
Have a great first week of December. Remember it is Advent – a time of waiting and expectations.