I follow Ashley Pettit Living on Twitter. She posts all these amazing recipes all the time. Some time ago, she posted a stuffed acorn squash recipe. While hers can be found here, I do not eat meat so had to do some modifications.
Here is my stuffed acorn squash recipe. Step by step photos also.
¼ cup brown rice
¼ cup wild rice
¼ onion, chopped
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, chopped
½ carrot, diced
1/8 cup raisins
Salt and pepper
1 tsp sage
1. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place in oven at 375F for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare rices together according to directions.
3. In pan, saute onion, celery and carrots.
4. Combine rices and sauteed items in bowl. Add raisins and seasonings.
5. Place stuffing in squash and put back in oven for 15 minutes.