Okay, so my initial thought was to do a monthly post that had a breakdown of what I was going to be doing to help reach my aspirations for 2007. I have not really done more than treat them like resolutions to date – something to write down and then leave aside.
Aspirations 2007 (look for monthly goals a bit later, start February)
- Be proactive in finding new friends and possibly a more than friend interest. I just am not sure that romantic interest is the right word but maybe it is. I am doing better withthis. I have several new friends that I talk with a lot. I am not exactly being proactive, though.
- Submit art and get published. I am also, as a way to get published, going to look ahead to the themes major art magazines will have in 2006 so that I may have a creation on hand to submit. I have left this aside.
- Lead Simple Abundance faithfully this year. Be sure to post a starter to each monthly thread. I have done this so far this year, but it is only two months in.
- Be more active as a mod at OrganizedHome.com. Simply by doing the aspiration above better, I am being more active at OH.com. I am not getting into other threads too much, though, and probably should.
- Read a total of 30 books this year – including re-reads. I have two books down – the fourth Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book and just finished yesterday, Meg Cabot’s Size 14 Isn’t Fat Either. I am almost done with another book also.
- Fitness 1 – I will walk 400 miles this year. Nothing big on this count or the two below this.
- Fitness 2 – I will wear my pedometer faithfully.
- Fitness 3 – I will find an additional – strength – fitness outlet.
- Budget 1 – I will pay down my debt. I am working on this slowly.
- Budget 2 – I will put at least 10% of my earnings to savings. 10% hasn’t gone into savings but some has.
- I will become adept at utilizing menu planning so as to maximize the money spent on food and the variety in our diets. I haven’t done this well but am utilizing it somewhat.