I know, why aspirations? I have always thought goals were those little steps you take to reach a loftier, higher aim. Therefore, and based on Sarah Ban Breathnach’s Simple Abundance, I have aspirations for the new year. I realize I have already missed a good portion of the year.
I have spent some time going over last year’s aspirations. I don’t think I did very well with them so, to that end, I will post monthly progress – at the end of the month – throughout this year to help myself be more accountable.
A lot of my aspirations are the same but there are a few new ones.
Aspirations 2007 (look for monthly goals a bit later, start February)
- Be proactive in finding new friends and possibly a more than friend interest. I just am not sure that romantic interest is the right word but maybe it is.
- Submit art and get published. I am also, as a way to get published, going to look ahead to the themes major art magazines will have in 2006 so that I may have a creation on hand to submit.
- Lead Simple Abundance faithfully this year. Be sure to post a starter to each monthly thread.
- Be more active as a mod at OrganizedHome.com.
- Read a total of 30 books this year – including re-reads.
- Fitness 1 – I will walk 400 miles this year.
- Fitness 2 – I will wear my pedometer faithfully.
- Fitness 3 – I will find an additional – strength – fitness outlet.
- Budget 1 – I will pay down my debt.
- Budget 2 – I will put at least 10% of my earnings to savings.
- I will become adept at utilizing menu planning so as to maximize the money spent on food and the variety in our diets.
I know this is all great written down. Stay tuned for progress throughout the year.