I try, at the beginning of each month, to look at how I am doing with my annual goals. This is harder this month as this first week in May is bringing about a child getting married and culminating in my moving to North Carolina. Here I go with where I am.
- I am still not running a full marathon. I have not been tempted to register for a full marathon yet but there is lots of time left in the year.
- I will end the year with a combined mileage of 2016. April is a short month but it was warm enough that I got back out on my bicycle. My month’s mileage hit 100 miles combined. This puts me at 364 miles for the year. I will need to pick up my pace once I get to NC.
- I will embrace strength training. I am not consistent with this goal but am working towards consistency. I am hoping I will manage to become more consistent in my new surroundings.
- I will see my oldest get married. Hopefully, I will have shoes to wear. I have yet to find any. The wedding is Saturday.
- I will move to the greater Asheville area. With everything else going on, this move is just about to come to fruitition. I have an apartment and will be moving next week.
- The final piece of my divorce will be taken care of, filed and moved to my name. With the certified copy of the QDRO sent to the plans my ex-husband has, I am working diligently with my financial planner to get things where I want them and in my name. It has been bumpy at best but I want this finished before I leave the state.
- I will pay off one Parent Plus loan. I am considering paying off two of the three loans. The interest on these Parent Plus loans is considerably more than what I will earn in a lot of accounts.
- I will continue to put money in a savings account for a rainy day. This continues to be my weak point. I am taking a job in NC to help with this.
- I will find and join an Asheville CSA. I am continuing to look but am thinking that farmers’ markets will be the way to go this year.
- I will menu plan. When I get to NC, I will work more on this. With just me in the household there, it will be easier.
- I will eat whole, healthy foods. This is ongoing.
Do you review your goals regularly? Do you change them or just keep going towards your original goal?