Yup! I’m back talking about online dating again. Today it is pet peeves and then some successes and failures.
- A dating site algorithm that sends me men who are not looking for me. – I understand that a specific profile may fit my criteria but why send me his profile via email when I am at least five years older than his oldest age limit.
- The opposite: a dating site algorithm that sends my profile to men who do not meet my criteria. – I realize algorithms can only act on the information we provide, but why waste my time and his time?
- Being ignored. – I wish there was a way to know if a person subscribed to the dating site. I can presume when I send an email within the site and do not receive a response, this is the case. It is also possible the man doesn’t think I meet his criteria. A simple response back would be nice.
- I’ve managed to have coffee with one gentlemen here in the desert.
- I’ve managed to change my location to the west coast.
- I’m enjoying the desert.
- My current situation, spending time on both coasts, is making it hard to meet men.
- I may have to concentrate on one area or another.
I will keep you all updated on my experiences. Anyway I look at it, I’d recommend Match.com.
Have you ever used an online dating site? Any tips?
Non-dating related, unless you consider I date my running – I am fundraising to run the Marine Corps Marathon. Please consider giving by visiting here.