I have a love-hate relationship with April. Most people have this love-hate thing with March. The whole in like a lion, out like a lamb part drives people crazy. Thing is with March, I expect it. I anticipate that type of behavior. In April I do not.
Things I love about April
- Spring – The weather in April should be changing to the warmer side.
- Flowers – I love seeing crocuses, tulips, daffodils popping through the ground.
- Easter – While it can sometimes be in March, I love the feeling of Easter, of new birth.
What I hate about April
- Weather – While I would love for the weather to be warmer, there is always a good chance of snow in April where I live.
- The truth about why I hate April – anniversaries – April has it rough.
- 4/3/2009: The American Civic Association mass shooting in Binghamton, NY
- 4/15/2013: The Boston Marathon bombings
- 4/16/2007: The Virginia Tech shootings
- 4/17/1995: The Oklahoma City bombing
- 4/20/1999: Columbine school shootings
- 4/22/1993: The deaths at the Branched Davidian compound in Waco, TX