Back in February, my 25 year old daughter – who is a teacher and currently looking for a job – asked me if I would go meatless with her for Lent. She was more concerned about the fact that she would not make it 7 weeks if she didn’t have some help with preparing meals. I told her no problem and she started looking for recipes she liked.
One of our favorites is Cheesy Quinoa Bites. While these could be considered an appetizer, with a salad or without they could also be served as a main course. It’s also a great use for that mini-cupcake pan you have on hand that you hardly ever use.
Cheesy Quinoa Bites
Makes ~28 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.